Sunday, September 23, 2007

Pop

Well Tim and I had some more fun playing macro today - which I think we'll have to do again. Anyway, with a bit of playing and some makeshift construction of our macro studio we managed to create something we could get a few decent shots from.


We started with 2 lightbulbs. We tried to smash them with different methods. I tried a lighter and a bowl of cold water. Tim tried a hammer. Tim's turned to dust. Guess that wasn't the most efficient way to do things haha.

Anyway, after drowning this lightbulb accidentily, drying it with a hair dryer, breaking the filament and tim tying it back on by hand, we finally had a go-er.

In a rabit onslaught of slr's going off (mine and tim's) I managed to catch this on my 2nd shot. I'm pretty happy with it to be honest. I'm happy I bought this lens :D


This is another macro of a match head catching fire. Probably not that clear, but I kinda liked it all the same (well enough for it to go on my blog, maybe not my DeviantArt account).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Hey! Hot stuff with the match and lightbulb macro work... not sure if I'm game to play with a bare 240V light globe though!

Top work! Should have thought about that match thing myself... well done