Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Goals and Ambitions

Goals

So a little more on why I started this blog.

I don't know really. Maybe as a record of my progress to keep me motivated? Maybe a way to attract like minded people. I guess I'd hopefully attract people that can teach me a thing or to, or hopefully to answer any questions from people learning.

Ambitions

I guess I've always wanted to travel and live overseas. I've had this idea in my head for a long time, I just don't want to be another statistic stuck in the same city. So why not mix work and travel together?

I never studied, well I have a Certificate IV in Animation, but its not really of any benefit to my line of work other then a foot in the door. Everything I know and have learned is self taught or I've learned on the job. I'd love to reach some form of stature in my career other then just on the lower rungs, so the solution I see is to aim for the big companies overseas.

The other night I started drafting some emails and sending them out to some of the big hitters asking what their standards are when looking for employees, in the hope to gain a picture, or a goal of what I should make my folio look like.

I've started to get an idea. I want to focus on architecturally influenced images and focus on realism. Who knows.

I have a handful of scenes I've started on but never finished so my first step is to finish them and actually have SOMETHING finished and either polish them up later or use them as a basis for bigger and better things.

So hopefully this blog will be filled with my ideas and drawings in the near future!

No comments: