Wednesday, September 19, 2007

New Toy pt. II

Well, I'm still sick, but I had a bit more energy to play with my new lens today. I didn't really have too much creativness in me, so the items I chose weren't anything special.

I also made myself a little DIY macro studio from Strobist. It came out quite well, though I think the light is a little too strong from the left side. I was only using a lamp, as I don't have any offboard cable or pocket wizard or anything for my flash (hence why its in the photo). Anyway, I might try putting another layer of tissue paper on to diffuse the light some more, or find another light to ballance it out somewhat. I think I also need to find a bigger box haha.


I also had a play around with macro stacking (see this quick tutorial). The whole point of it is to increase your depth of field where you just can't get it any deeper for whatever reason. Just a word of note to those that have a play with this.. use a tripod. CZ5 can align images, but not very well in my experience. Far easier if your photos are all aligned right in the first place. See the dragon above for an example of stacked photos.

And.. this is a coke bottle. wow.

No comments: