Friday, October 5, 2007

News I

And in camera news.. again.. my filters are slowly arriving :D. I bought myself a Cokin graduated Tobaco filter - good for sunrises which I seem to be doing alot of. Just have to hope I can find the damn filter, wherever the hell I put it. I also ordered myself an ND 0.9 filter (8) aswell - so I can start playing with long exposures in lighter environments.

Both these filters are something I've been wanting to play with for a long time, and I figured now that Im getting out and taking photos more often, now is as good a time as any.

I got the nagging feeling in the back of my brain that I ordered something else - or that I'm expecting another package but don't remember. Well I guess it is 2:30am and I did just get home from work, so not all is in order up top right now.

I've been finding myself lately doing more and more photography when I'm wanting to build my 3D folio. My project of choice is my factory (well its actually a turbine hall) that I've been working on and I'm hoping for that to be my first finished project. Its just hard when there is so little time to work on it. Maybe it'll be done in 2-3 weeks.. maybe.

Anyway, back to photography. Tim dragged me out after work at midnight down to the local carpark to try some photos he's seen. Basically the idea is to trace the outline of a car during a long exposure with sparklers (a good example is here) - and what a great failure it was.

In all its butchered glory.. I still kinda like it (click to see bigger view)

Good thing I didn't burn my car for this shot.

No comments: